Monday, October 26, 2009

Just One Thing





I've cleaned the kitchen of the weekend cooking, baking and eating activities. I have my mug of jasmine green tea with fresh squeezed lemon and tupelo honey. The dogs are gathered peacefully around me (well, Riley is whining a bit as he gnaws a bone. I understand)

And it all comes down to just one thing. It will always come down to this. One thing can save us from self-destruction. Unconditional love and acceptance. We all want and need this most of all. We all have the ability to give it. Wars would end and families, nations, the world could work in harmony to ....who knows what we would be capable of doing?!

I am just one. I have learned to withhold love and to judge. I have felt the wrenching pain of love being ripped away. Love is risky, but the slow spirit shrinkage that happens when I withhold it is worse. Unlearning is a slow process, but I have glimpsed the truth and I am determined to improve. Judging is not my job. Loving is. The ones who seem the most unlovable are the very ones who need it most.

No comments: